Page Design

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wrapping Paper Bow

Seriously, my world has been turned upside down!
I was wrapping presents the other day and could not get myself to throw away the extra scraps! lol, I figured I could use them for SOMETHING.
While "Youtubing" fun ways to wrap presents I came across this video! I'll go ahead and show you in pics a step by step! I chose to do the method some what differently! BUT I still suggest watching the video to really get the idea! =D
Use curling ribbon and tie your present like so! BTW this is the TOP of the present!
You are going to cut 1/2 inch- 1 inch thick strips of wrapping paper scraps about 12-18 inches long. Really you could do any length and width you wish!
Use 6-14 strips per bow. How thick you cut your strips and how long they are will determine how big the bow will be.
Using the curling ribon tie knot around 1/2 of the strips you plan on using for your bow.
This is where I do things differently. I find it easier to tie THEN curl the ribbon rather than tie already curled ribbon, but it's up to you!
Take the other half of the wrapping paper strips and place them diagonal of your previously tied strips. You will be making an "X," then tie with the curling ribbon.
If you wish you can tie extra curling ribbon in with the strips!
Curl the wrapping paper and curling ribbon! Don't forget to add the gift tag!
Here's another fun way to use this ribbon using the same idea!
Although I was able to curl the "foil" style of wrapping paper, I found that true "paper" style wrapping paper worked best!
And there you have it!!! How fun and EASY! I also began mix matching wrapping papers and bows for a fun pop of color!
I also made my own gift tags! They are pretty cute if you ask me! I wish I had fancier Christmas paper put the solid colors did the trick!
I copy pasted this picture and opened it in Paint. I added the intials or names I wanted to use, then I loaded the paper I wanted to use in my printer!
I was pretty proud of myself for being so thrifty! lol
I totally regret not having fun paper. Can't you just imagine hoe fabulous these would have looked!?
HAPPY WRAPPING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment