Page Design

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Crispy Chicken Alfredo


Once I was asked at a church actiity what my favorite dessert was. I was speechless, which doesn't happen too often! How could I choose which one!? Cupcakes are sure delicious and can be made as cute as can be, cookie dough ice cream is another contender so is brownies, chocolate fudge, raspberry and chocolate cake, cake bites. How could I possibly choose just one!? And then I realized it would be like choosing a favorite child, haha, just NOT possible. With that in mind, I do have at least a TIE for my very favorite Main Dishes! (I'll post the other recipe on another post laster.) I first saw this recipe idea on a blog known as Jamie Cooks It Up! My neighbor, Heather, used to ber her neighbor out in Utah. Heather always said I reminded her of Jamie! (Awesome!) And she got me hooked on her blog. In the first week of discovering her blog I made and devoured 3 AMAZING meals! I honestly think, that everything from her site is gold! I stole the idea of the crispy chicken but used my mother in laws recipe for the alfredo sauce! That way, I knew the hubster would, without a doubt, enjoy it! Plus my MIL is also a great cook, and her recipe has never failed me! You can choose which homemade alfredo sauce to use or even just buy a pre made jar of the stuff! Everything can come together within 25 minutes, especially if you're a great multi-tasker!

The Crispy Chicken:

1-2 Large Chicken Breasts
3/4 C. Flour
3/4 C. Milk
2 C. Corn Flakes Cereal, Crushed
Oil, enough to fry the chicken


Cut the large chicken breasts in half, filet style.
Then cut in half vertically. You should now have 4 pieces of chicken per each large chicken breast. (Sometimes I only get 3, it really depends on the shape and how thick it is.) Place the chicken pieces in a ziplock and pound them flat with a mallet.
Dip the chicken in the flour until thoroughly coated and then place in the fridge to rest for about 5 minutes. At this time get about 1/4 inch of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Pull the floured chicken out of the fridge, dip in milk, then in the crushed corn flakes and then place the chicken in the hot oil.
Fry on each side until the chicken and cornflakes are a nice gold color. This takes me about 5 minutes or less! (You could even prepare the chicken early in the day and re-heat it in the oven when dinner is prepared.) (Sometimes I double the crispy chicken and save half of them in the fridge for up to 1 week. On a day later that week we have Fried Chicken and gravy! Super easy, just heat up the chicken in the oven until hot then prepapre a white gravy packet according to directions and serve over the chicken!)

Alfredo Sauce:

1/2 C. Butter
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 C. Heavy Cream
1/4 tsp. White Pepper
1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese, shredded
3/4 C. Mozzarella, shredded
Bowtie Pasta
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the minced garlic, heavy cream and white pepper. Bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring often. Add the parmesan cheese and simmer the sauce for 8 minutes., until thickened. Add the mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth, be sure to stir frequently! Boil the bowtie pasta according to directions.
I hope ya'll enjoy on of my very favorite recipes!!!! =)

3 comments:

  1. I randomly came across your website while looking for a crispy chicken alfredo recipe. This fried chicken has been a hit in our house! I've also made your lettuce wraps and they are now one of my favs. Just wanted to let you know and to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww yay I'm so glad! I originally madethis blog to share my recipes with family and friends, but I'm so glad others have been able to stumble upon it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just ran across this recipe and made it tonight. My family LOVED it! I think we have a new permanent member in the rotation!! Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete