Page Design

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Brownie Bottom Cupcakes!


Like brownies!? Like cake!? Then you'll love these Brownie Bottom Cupcakes, which I've renamed for this post as Valentine's Day Cupcakes! These are scrumptious! And really you can use any variety of cake mix, with Valentine's coming up I used a Strawberry mix! I also used a Dark Chocolate brownie mix by Ghirardelli! YUM!
 
 
 
 
 

Ingredients:

1 Pkg. Brownie Mix (I used Dark Chocolate by Ghirardelli. It has big chocolate chips in it!)
2 Eggs
1/2 c. Oil
1/4 c. Water
1 Pkg. Cake Mix (I used Strawberry!!!)
2 Tbs. Oil
1+1/3 c. Water
3 Eggs

 

 

 

 

 

Directions:

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350. In a bowl mix together the bronwie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 c. oil, and 1/4 c. water, mix until well combined. Set aside.
2. In a seperate bowl mix together cake mix, 2 Tbs. oil, 1+1/3 c. water and 3 eggs until well combined. set aside.
3.Line a cupcake pan with papers. Fill brownie mix 1/3 of the way in the cupcake pans, now add the cake mix until the cupcake pans are 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Once the cupcakes are cooled, top with frosting! I used a vanilla frosting. This is a recipe I've been eyeing for quite awhile and I'm SOOOO excited I finally remembered to use it! YUMMMM!
If you're interested here's the recipe for Fluffy White Frosting, or look below!

Ingredients:

1 c. White Sugar
1/3 c. Water
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
2 Egg Whites
1+1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 c. Powdered Sugar

Directions:

1. In a saucepan stir together sugar, water and cream of tartar. Cook over medium-high heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is bubbly.
2. In a mixing bowl beat the egg whites and vanilla until soft peaks form.
3.Gradually add the cooled sugar mixture while whipping constantly.
4. Now add 1/2 c. powdered sugar and beat the frosting until stiff peaks form. This will take 7-10 minutes.
This frosting is delicious but it's too soft to use with a decorating tip. Yes I tried! I will probably experiment with this frosting a bit more to get it to a consistency to hold it's shape. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment