Page Design

Monday, January 30, 2012

Teriyaki Chicken!

Just tried this recipe last night and decided it was good enough to share! It's super easy and the ingredients are even easier to have on hand!
This sauce takes less than 15 minutes! I got the recipe here but I decided it needed more sugar, go figure! So I adjusted it a bit!
What You'll Need:
2/3 C. Soy Sauce (low sodium)
1/4 C. Honey
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/4 C. - 1/2 C. White Sugar (add to taste)
2-4 Garlic Cloves, minced (I always use the pre-minced stuff in the jars; 1 tsp= 1 clove)
1/4 tsp. Ginger
2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
2/3 C. Water
2 Tbs. Cornstarch
1-2 Chicken Breasts
What You're Gonna Do:
In a saucepan cook soy sauce, honey, sugars, garlic, ginger, and vinegar on medium- high heat. In a small bowl mix together the water and cornstarch, then slowly add it to the mixture on the stove. Bring to a boil then simmer for 6-8 minutes. That's it! We poured ours over chicken we threw on the grill! We ate ours with a side of Jasmine Rice and a frozen bag of Stir Fry Veggies! Easy Peasy!
One day I will have to compile a list of all of my go to, favorite, less than 30 minute meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment