Page Design

Friday, January 6, 2012

Cookie Dough Truffles


Cookie Dough Truffles! Sounds incredible right!? Turns out it's just eggless cookie dough dipped in chocolate with a fancy name. lol. BUT that doesn't make them any less fabulous!
If you've been on the internet recently looking up new recipes, I'm sure you've come across a similar recipe and book marked it for later.  I know I have, with at least 3 different "eggless" cookie dough recipes. Well today I was just a hankerin for something chocolatey, then I remembered this idea. THEN I remembered that I already have an amazing cookie dough recipe! **Light Bulb!** And to make it "eggless" for health reasons, I just **drumroll**** removed the eggs! I know, I'm a GENIUS! Enough, jibber jabber, here's the recipe!
For the Cookie Dough You Will Need:
1 C. Quick Oats
1/2 C. Butter
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda (I don't now if this has any effect on the taste, but I added it anyways.)
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder (ditto to above comment in parenthesis)
1/4 tsp. Salt
Miniature Chocolate Chips (as many as you'd like, Optional)
What You're Gonna Do:
First off, place 1 cup of Quick Oats in a food processor (or blender) until it becomes a fine powder. Set this aside for a bit.
In a bowl cream together 1/2 cup Butter, 1/2 cup Brown Sugar and 1/2 cup White Sugar. Add in the vanilla and stir. In another bowl, whisk together the powdered Quick Oats, 1 cup Flour, 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder and 1/4 tsp. Salt. Add the dry mixture to the sugar mixture and blend until well combined. Mix in Miniature Chocolate Chips. Roll into small balls, I used a Tablespoon to measure out my dough.
Dip and roll the balls into the chocolate and let them set on wax paper.
I let mine stay in the fridge until I was ready to eat them. I like the chocolate shell to have a fun crunch to it!! Eat and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment