Page Design

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cake Batter Truffles!


I saw these little beauties on pinterest of course! While looking over the original recipe here, I immedietley knew I would have to change some things. I wanted my Cake Batter Bites to taste like cake batter, and the original recipe had way too much flour. So I modified it a bit.... or alot! They taste delish and are super rich!
I won't lie, Darren and I agree Cake Bites are better, but these are a fun change of things and are a very close 2nd! If you like cake batter and are constantly licking bowls, spoons, etc. while making cakes, then these babies are for YOU! (Where were these when I was preggo!?!?!?)
My first batch I dipped half in white chocolate and other the half in semi-sweet chocolate. Personally, we liked them dipped in the semi-sweet chocolate, they taste just like a Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting! (Thinking of you Laura!)
Then I made a 2nd batch and rolled them around in a powdered sugar & milk icing which is the BEST! I even got a lil lazy and rolled a few in just powdered sugar and those were great too! You should try one of each and see which one you like better and let me know! And now for the moment you've ALL been waiting for!!


FYI: This recipe makes about 35 Cake Batter Bites!
Ingredients:
1/2 C. Butter, softened
1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
3/4 C. Flour
1 1/4 C. Yellow Cake Mix
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Tbs. Oil
2 Tbs or MORE of Sprinkles!
Icing:
1 1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
1/4 C. Milk
Chocolate Coating: (I prefer the icing but you choose!)
1 C. White or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Tbs. Cake Mix
1 tsp. Crisco
Directions:
Beat together the butter and powdered sugar until well mixed. Add cake mix, flour, oil and vanilla and mix well. Now mix in those sprinkles! Roll the dough into balls, I made mine with about 1 Tbs. of dough each, and pop in the fridge for 5 minutes to firm up!
While they are in the fridge, make the icing! Just mix the powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl! Dip the cake batter balls into the icing. Use a fork to swirl them around and to tap off an excess icing. Place the iced cake batter bites onto wax paper and immediatley top with sprinkles. Once all the dough bites are dipped, place them in the fridge for 30 minutes for the icing to completeley set. And you're done! (If you decided to use chocolate instead of icing, just melt 1 C. chocolate chips with 1 tsp. shortening.)
I really wish we had "taste-o-vision"! These are soooo yummy!
Icing Perfection!!!
Aren't these just perfect for the "sprinkle-holic" in the family!? In ours it's a tie between my and my 2 1/2 yr old, Kaiden! lol.
I know what you're thinking, "Can you do this with Brownie Batter!?" Worry not! I'm already working on it! ;)
Like I said, you can get lazy and just roll them around in powdered sugar! YUMMMM!
Other ideas:
Roll them into tsp. size balls and add to a homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream!
Use them as fondue with an icing mixture of powdered sugar and milk! You can also use Cake Bites and Cookie Dough Bites with the same fondue! I'm thinking I will do this for a party soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh those look so freakin good! i'm def gonna try your recipe!!

    ReplyDelete