Page Design

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Advent Calendar!

This year I decided to make our family an advent calendar! I searched for ideas, I bought the stuff, I even got started with the project, but then I realized I was crafted out! Who knew? So I figure I'll finish it later or even next year. I had a back up anyways! =) But trust me, it was gonna be GREAT!
There are tons of cute ideas out there for DIY Chrismtas Advents, so I will just share the activities I have gathered. Some of which I found and the rest I made up! You can do a 24 day Christmas count down or maybe a 2 week or 10 day. Whatever suits your family!
Do you like how we used him to cover up our ugly electrical box!? lol. That was the hubby's idea!
Before I start I must introduce you to Snowden! He is our Christmas friend who joins us on our Christmas Advent Activities each year! He was dropped off at our house with a bottle of snowflake sprinkles and this note:

"Hi! I have come from the North Pole to spend the
holidays with you. Please place me in the center of
your kitchen table so I can be a part of everything that
is happening at your house for the holidays.

I need a name, so decide
together as a family what
my name is going to be.

Each night after dinner
draw a card from the advent
and follow the instructions.
We will have “Snow”
much fun together!
After you complete the
activity for the evening, sprinkle
the magic snowflakes on me
so I won’t melt.
Go ahead – grab the first activity
and let the magic begin!"
My sweet Mother In Law did all of that for us! I'm not sure if she made up the note or not. It wouldn't surprise me though!
Now here are the Advent Activities. In no particular order except the very first and the very last!:
Bring Snowden Out! Greet him with Cinnamon Rolls and Hot Chocolate!!

Bake and Decorate
Christmas Sugar Cookies


Sing Christmas
Carols as a Family


Pick Out a Christmas
Tree and Decorate it


Drive Around and
Look at Christmas Lights


Put a Puzzle Together


Bundle Up and Play
in the Snow. Snowball Fight!


Build a Snowman, or
a Family of Snowmen.


Bake Goodies and
Take Them to Friends
Write Santa a Letter.


Read and Act Out the
Nativity Story


Perform an Act of
Service for Another Family


Read a Christmas
Story Together


Decorate Gingerbread
Houses


Go see Santa Clause
at the Mall


Christmas Movie
Marathon


Christmas Around the
World Night. Discuss How Different Countries Celebrate Christmas.


Go Sledding!


Plan a Christmas
Craft.


Make Christmas Ornaments
for the Tree.


Make Homemade
Christmas Cards for the Grandparents.


Have Breakfast for
Dinner Tonight.


Write Letters to
Santa.


Create an Ice Cream
Flavor and Eat it for Dessert Tonight!


Hang Mistletoe. Be
Sure to Sneak a Kiss!


Go Out to Eat as a Family!


Buy a gift for the
Angel Tree


Play a Game with the
Family! Or invite friends over to play a game!


Everyone Pick and
Read a Christmas Story (from the Ensign) and Read it Aloud to the family!


Bake Cookies for Santa and Read "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
I have more than 24 ideas because I figure I can rotate through them each year. Plus I was thinking of all of you! You can now pick and choose your favorites!
Now go get that Christmas Spirit in your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment