Page Design

Friday, December 2, 2011

DIY Snowglobes!

I saw these on Martha Stewart's website a few months ago and KNEW I would be doing these soon! Going along with our Christmas Advent "Make a Craft," tonight we finally did it! And I couldn't believe how easy they were! I spent A LOT of time shopping around for figurines to go inside! My items were simply christmas ornaments.

Can you guess what you're gonna need for this one!?

Water

A Few Drops of Glycerin (Optional but it helps the glitter settle to the bottom slower.) I found mine in the pharmacy at Wal-Mart. For some reason our store carries it behind the counter so I had to ask for it.

Glitter, I found a 4 pack of glitter at the lcoal craft store for $1! We also used the very small jars the glitter came in to place the figurines on top of so they stood a little higher in the jars!
Just a note, the glitter I have pictured I would not reccommend. I only posted a picture of it to tell you that. The regular chunky glitter works great. This glitter is too thin and clumps and floats. It just doesn't settle right.

Wide Mouth Mason Jars


E-600 Glue
Can you guess what's gonna go down!?
First of all the E-600 glue requires 24 hours to dry, so be prepared to glue your figures to the bottom of the lid. (We glued our figurines on top of a small plastic container to make them taller in the jars.)
<------------- Jaxton's Snow Globe!
I actually used a large Baby Food Jar for his! One side is Santa and the other is a Christmas Tree!
Once the glue has thoroughly dried, 24 hours, add the water in and just a few drops of glycerin. You can add as much glycerin as you want. The more you add the slower the glitter will settle at the bottom!
<---------- Kaiden's Snow Globe!
Kaiden has a thing for monsters, so when I saw this ornament I knew I just HAD to get it for him! It's so perfect! When I brought it home and Kaiden first saw it, he was off the wall excited and screamed "Monster, Monster!" until I gave in and let him hold it! lol
Glue the lids on TIGHT!
And that's ALL! See, EASY!
<----------- My Snowglobe!
Can you see how the glitter is clumping and just not settling right? It looks lke Mary and Joseph had a glitter/ hay fight! Haha! It really doesn't bother me that much, but I thought I would just pass along the warning. =D
A close up of my figurines! Aren't they soooo cute!?
Darren's Snowglobe!!
He has a thing for snowmen! lol. They are his favorite!
Now that you have seen these, I bet you will be on the hunt for the perfect Snowglobe Figurine! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment