Page Design

Saturday, September 22, 2012

French Bread Pizza/ Pizza Bread


Sorry I've been MIA for awhile! I've been super busy but hopefully I can win back your love with a few recipes I've had up my sleeves!!
For "my" French Bread Pizza, I combined a recipe my mom gave me, with the idea I've seen on pinterest to use French Bread as a pizza dough/ base! This recipe is different in the fact that it doesn't use pizza sauce! However you can dip these pieces in some store bought pizza sauce if you wish! We don't but it has crossed my mind! (For my mom's original recipe you buy frozen bread loaves, let thaw, let rise, roll out and spread the cheese mixture and toppings all over, roll up and bake until golden brown! She calls it "Pizza Bread!")
My husband and I love this super easy recipe and we often eat it as a meal. I've thought about using it as an appetizer or as finger food at a party!

Ingredients:

1 Loaf of French Bread (Mine was about 12 inches long.)
1 Egg
1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese
1 C. Mozzarella Cheese
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
1/4 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Parsely
Plus your favorite pizza toppings!!! (For me it's just plain ol' Pineapple! Darren loves "the works" but I didn't have time to buy and prep all the veggies and meats for him, so he settled for a Pepperoni and Pineapple!)

Directions:

1. Mix together the egg, parmesan, mozzarella, pepper, garlic salt, oregano and parsley.
2. Cut the french bread in half and spread the cheese mixture evenly over both sides.

3. Add your toppings!!!!
4. Bake at 375 for 15-25 minutes. You want the cheese to be melted and the bread to be toasted!
5. Cut into slices and EAT!
 
This picture makes my mouth DROOL! I love melty cheese!!!

Out of the oven!

The best pizza topping!!!

Eat hot and enjoy!!!
 
I hope ya'll enjoy this recipe! My mom has made it for us since we were kids and I love all the memories this meal/ snack brings up for me! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment