Page Design

Thursday, September 27, 2012

5 Chocolate Cupcakes


Thats right, a recipe for just 5 perfect, homemade, chocolate cupcakes!!! This is for you Brianna, my fellow preggo!!! =D I saw a few recipes online for 2 cupcakes, but the recipes I tried were all gag worthy! I mean it was such a cute idea, I just knew I'd have to perfect it so that they were more enjoyable. In my attempts to perfect a "2" cupcake recipe, my own recipe turned into a "5" cupcake recipe! lol. The more the merrier right!?
 
 

Ingredients:

1/2 C. Cake Flour
1/4 C. Sugar
1 1/2 Tbs. Hershey's Dark Cocoa
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/8 tsp. (2 pinches) Salt
1 Egg White
2 Tbs. Softened Butter
2 Tbs. Water
2 Tbs. Oil
1/4 tsp. Vanilla
Chocolate Chips/ Minis
 
 
 

 Directions;

1. Whisk together all the dry ingredients.

2. Add in the wet ingredients and whisk again.
3. Pour into 5 cupcake molds and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. (These cupcakes can easily be overbaked resulting in a dry cupcake. Be very careful and check on them often. I've noticed that even 1 minute can make a difference and that they can continue baking in their pan even after you pull it out of the oven.)

4. After I've pulled them out of the oven, I wait a few minutes and then put them in a ziplock bag. In my mind I feel like this helps the cupcakes stay moist. I usually leave them in until they are completley cooled or I'm ready to frost and eat them!!!
 

Frosting:

2 Tbs. Melted Butter
3 Tbs. Cocoa
1/4 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 C. + 2 Tbs. Powdered Sugar
1-2 tsp. Milk
 
Directions: Mix all the ingredients together and frost once the cupcakes have cooled.
 

 
You may be wondering if you can substitute All Purpose Flour for the Cake Flour, NO, you can't. Sorry it has to be Cake Flour and the picture below explains why. The taste and texture are very off and the cupcake sinks. It is all too sad.
 
Inspiration for my recipe came from the blog, Manhattan Craft Room.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for 5 cupcakes! Thanks for this recipe, Chelsea. You always know what makes my belly happy.
    -Brianne

    ReplyDelete