Page Design

Monday, November 21, 2011

Bridal Cake Pops/ Bites!








I am so excited about these! My friend's sister is having a little Engagement Party and I was asked to make my famous Cake Bites and a few Cake Pops! They turned out better than I had planned! The wedding colors are Brown and Teal FYI! =)
These are made the same as my previous post Frankenstein Cake Pops, but I will go ahead and make a quick review.
I used:
2 Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mixes
1 Container of Cream Cheese Frosting
White Chocolate Chips or Almond Bark
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
What I did:
Mix and bake the cakes according to their package directions. Let cool for about 50 minutes. You want the cakes to be ever so slightly warm. Try not to cool completeley. (If you cool completley, you will end up using more frosting and the dough will be super sweet and will be really soft and slide off when you try to dip them.)
Crumble both cakes into a large bowl and add the whole container of frosting. Mix until you form a dough. Freeze the dough for about 1 1/2 hours. Freezing makes the dough so much easier to work with!
Roll the dough into balls. I use a Tablespoon to measure out the dough. It makes the PERFECT "bite size" pieces! Freeze the cake balls for about 30 minutes.
Dip the cake balls in chocolate! I use a corn cob holder to dip the cake balls in chocolate. Try to tap off as much excess chocolate using the side of the bowl. They work great for me! Freezing will help the cake balls from sliding off when dipping them in chocolate. If they ever start sliding, just place them back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
When you are done place them in the fridge until you are ready to eat them. They taste best cold! Then the chocolate is crunchy and the centers are soft, YUMM!
I had so much fun creating these "Wedding Cakes!" I'm sure you can guess as to how I assembled these! But if you're curious, I used 3 tsp. dough for the bottom, 2 tsp. dough for the middle and 1 tsp. dough for the top! I put them on lollipop stick and dipped in white chocolate. Then I topped with a heart sprinkle while the chocolate was still wet! I found these particular sprinkles at Wal-Mart! They come in a 3 pack and are made by Wilton!
Don't you just LOVE how my teal turned out!? It is so bright and fun! Looking back I bet I could have added a touch more green, but these will work fine!
I can't stop looking at them! They are so bright and beautiful!
A few tips:
If you don't have a double boiler, you can always make one! I use a ceramic bowl that fits perfectly over my small saucepan. If you're unfamilar with them, all you do is place a little bit of water in the saucepan and the steam from the water boiling melts the chocolate. This is especially helpful when dipping chocolate because it keeps the chocolate nice and smooth! I also add 1 tsp. of shortening to every cup of chocolate I melt to thin it down and make the dipping process faster and easier. Try it! It works!
I knew I wanted to use a teal color but could not find teal color baking chips anywhere, so I decided to make my own color. I used white chocolate chips and GEL Food Coloring. NEVER use liquid food coloring in chocolate, it will ruin it. And use the gel food coloring sparingly. A fun tip when melting chocolate is to drop any excess chocolate you have into quarter sized pieces onto wax paper! Place them in the fridge until they have set and store them in a Ziplock for when you melt chocolate again!

No comments:

Post a Comment