Page Design

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Winger's Sticky Fingers

When I was pregnant with Kaiden my cravings were for McDonald's Fries and Diet Sodas. When I was pregnant with Jaxton I craved ALL forms of Sugar and also Salads, in particular Winger's Sticky Finger Salad! I can't even remember how many times I talked Darren into picking up a salad for me on his way home. I must have ate there at least once a week! (It should be noted that Darren is AMAZING at getting me my cravings when I'm pregnant! And when I'm not!) Anyways, this little gem would have been quite helpful back then!


Of course I still love Sticky Finger's and now that we've moved away from any Winger's Restaurants, I had to think of a back up plan!
I was amazed at how similar this recipe tastes to the original. The only difference was that it wasn't as spicy as the restaurant's recipe. I'm wondering if upping the hot sauce and downing the sugar would change that, BUT I actually like this less spicy version better! This was a pleasant surprise!
You can use this sauce on breaded chicken strips and serve it with fries or use popcorn chicken to replicate a Sticky Finger Salad, which is what I always do! You can also mix it with 1/2 Ranch Dressing and get Winger's Amazing Sauce which they use as a Salad Dressing for their Sticky Finger Salad and they also use it as a Dipping Sauce for their Fries and delicious Onion Rings.
This is one of my favorite Under 30 Minute Meals and the ingredients are so easy to have on hand!

Ingredients:

Frozen Breaded Chicken Strips OR Frozen Popcorn Chicken (I use the Popcorn Chicken when I make the salad!)
6 Tbl. Frank's Hot Sauce (It HAS to be Frank's! I used the Buffalo version and it tasted great!)
4 Tbs. Water
1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Light Corn Syrup (I added this based on a few comments left on the recipe's page. It's optional!)

~The Following Ingredients are for the Sticky Finger Salad~
Romaine Lettuce (I get the prepackaged stuff with the carrots in them! You could also mix a bag of Romaine with a bag of American Blend, my personal fave! You could also just use an American Blend)
Dried Cranberries
Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
Ranch Dressing

Directions:

Heat the chicken in the oven according to it's package directions. In a saucepan add Hot Sauce, Water, Borwn Sugar and Corn Syrup. Cook until the sugar has dissolved. (This will take less than 5 minutes!)


When the chicken is done, put it in a bowl and drizzle some of the sauce over it. Then shake/ stir the chicken until it is drenched with the sauce. Set the chicken aside for now. Put the salad in personal bowls, or on a plate and top with desired amounts of shredded cheese and dried cranberries. Place the sauce covered chicken right on top! I like to make the Amazing Sauce to "dress" my salad. All you have to do is mix equal parts of the Winger's Sauce with Ranch Dressing and drizzle over your salad! You could also just use Ranch!


Bon Apetit!

2 comments:

  1. girl now you've got me wanting sticky fingers! that's awesome you found a recipe. i'll have to try it sometime cuz i like them not as spicy too. but hey if you ever want me to send you a bottle of the sauce i can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Before I found this recipe I probably would have taken you up on that offer! But I truly think I like it better than the original!!!! Crazy right!?

    ReplyDelete