Page Design

Monday, May 7, 2012

Oreo Cake

I know it's been FOREVER since I've posted, moving and remodeling can sure take up a bunch of a person's time! But, we are having fun AND I'll reward you all for waiting with this little beauty! It's my version of an Oreo Cake, I've seen a few of these on the internet and thought I'd better give it a whirl! (Actually I was going to make a chocolate raspberry bundt cake, and even made the raspberry sauce, but at the last minute I changed my mind! And I'm glad I did! I might even like the marshmallow cream better than raspberry sauce, GASP!)

Let's start with my ALL TIME FAVORITE Chocolate Cake Recipe! (And you best believe I've tried quite a few recipes! On one particular day I tried 3 different recipes!!!!!)

Ingredients:

1 Box of Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (Yay! to Dark Chocolate!!!!)
1 Large Package of Instant Chocolate Pudding
4 Eggs
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Vegetable/ Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Warm Water
1 Cups Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:

(This is the best/ easiest part!)
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl! Isn't that easy! No particular order, just dump em' all in and mix! Then place in a Bundt Pan (my personal choice) or a 9x13 or 2 rounds, whatever you want and bake at 350 for 45- 55 minutes, this is the time for a Bundt Pan for a different pan you may need to adjust the baking time. ;D



Marshmallow Drizzle!

Now for that delicious Marshmallow Cream! I recommend this recipe, but I tried this recipe which is faster and requires no heating. Either are good, but the one I reccommend is a bit better! With either recipe, once you have finished with all the directions, add a little milk a tablespoon at a time until it has a nice pouring/ drizzling consistency!
For ease, I will say you are like me and tried the easier version this time!
Warning: This recipe contains 1 raw egg white, if you are nervous about consuming raw eggs, try the first recipe I posted!

Ingredients:

1 Egg White
3/4 C. Light Corn Syrup
3/4 C. Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Milk- 1 Tbs. at a time, as needed

Directions:

  1. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whip attachment affixed, combine egg white, corn syrup, and salt. Whip the corn-syrup mixture on high speed until it is light, fluffy, and roughly twice its original volume.
  2. Turn your mixer off and spoon in the confectioner's sugar. Beat on low speed until sugar is blended into the corn syrup mixture. Add vanilla and beat in.

No comments:

Post a Comment