Page Design

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Universal Raspberry Sauce

This recipe is a KEEPER for SURE! I've also used the same recipe for a Strawberry Sauce, but found that recipe requires more sugar, almost double! lol. Anyways, this is the recipe I use to make a sauce for French Toast, Ice-Cream, to drizzle over Bundt Cakes or Cheesecakes, ETC! I also use this recipe, in a jelly form, in the middles of Cakes, Cheesecakes and Pies! So, without further ado!

Ingredients:
1, 12 oz. Frozen Bag of Raspberries (You can also use fresh Raspberries, about 2 1/2 cups.)
1 C. Water
1/2 C. Sugar, or more to taste
1 tsp. Cornstarch

Directions:
1. Put the whole bag of raspberries, 1 c. water and 1/2 c. sugar into a saucepan.


2. Turn the burner to medium- high and let the sauce start to boil.
3. Stir the sauce constantly until the raspberries have completely broke down.



4. Take the sauce off the heat and run the sauce through a sieve. Use a spatula to help push the sauce through the sieve. (This step is to eliminate those nasty seeds. If you like lots of seeds you can skip this step.) I usually put about 1 tsp. of the seeds back into the sauce, because I like the authenticity of it! And to me it's the perfect amount!
5. Return the seedles, or near seedless, sauce back to the saucepan. Add in 1 tsp. Cornstarch and simmer at medium heat until you see your desired consistency.

For a nice syrup, about 5-10 minutes of simmering is what you're looking at. Remember, the sauce will thicken just a bit as it cools. For a nice jelly texture it may take 10-20 minutes.

When I use this recipe to fill cakes or pies, I immediatley take it off the burner and straight way spread it onto the cake/ pie. Since the sauce will thicken as it cools, I like to put it on right away, since the longer it's cooled, the harder it is to spread.


I will most likely refer to this recipe often! ;D P.s. this recipe is FANTASTIC on my favorite chocolate cake recipe! I bake 2, 9 in (or 8 in) circle pans and place the raspberry jelly in between the layers!  Truly DIVINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment